This is site updates and bugs fixes page that was post on May 18th 2012.
- Username Changes
For years, deviantART been getting requests from the community asking for the ability to change usernames. They realize that as an artist, it's important to give you the ability to change your personal brand, just as you change your interests, skills, and art types.
This week, deviantART added the ability to change your username in your Settings. To change your username, you must have an active Premium Membership. (The reason there is a "fee" associated with the change is because switching usernames is a complex technical process that can create confusions for fellow deviants.)
- Improved Journal Widget
The Journal widget on your profile can now be customized to display one long entry, multiple short entries, or one long with the rest short.
There is now a pencil menu on the corner of each Journal you publish, making it a bit easier to edit your Journals without having to visit the Journal's page and then clicking the "edit" button.
- Journal Skin installation is now a one-click process! Simply click "Install to Journal" and you'll be taken to a new Journal using that Skin.
- For a period of time, items that are removed from the cart page were still stuck in the cart at the end of checkout.
- There was a short-lived outage of the deviation storage system.
- Various issues with the display of literature and journal thumbnails were reported.
- Browsing deviations in your Message Center using the "next" and "previous" buttons was limited to the current page of thumbs.
- Discovered an issue with playback when Brush strokes were too short.
- The "save as" operation was optimized.
- Fixed a bug allowing deviantART muro to still work if the drawing couldn't be loaded.
- Some deviantART muro thumbnails went missing.
- Improved error detection for network issues.
- Some duration statistics were incorrect.
- Identified a rare edge case with when drawing could not be loaded and deviantART muro was not working.
- It wasn't possible to delete descriptions on stacks for a period of time.
- Deleting all but one item from a stack and then going back to Sta.sh broke the page.
- Clicking "submit" without first closing category picker did not work.
- For a period of time, deviations with no descriptions displayed "click to add description" for other members.
- Journals could sometimes get removed from "my journal" when edited.
- The login page didn't always detect if cookies were disabled.
- Using cmd+click on items in stacks didn't select them.
- The "friends" button on the "send note" popup was broken.
- Deleting items sometimes resulted in a phantom "deleted content" thumbnail in Sta.sh.
- Muro recordings can now be embedded in Writer.
- Fixed some issues where Writer didn't save when the subject and metadata was changed.
- There was a case where clicking into Writer would empty its contents.